We are looking for a key hire to help us develop a pilot production process in what is set to be an exciting period of growth for the business. We are seeking talented individuals with microfluidic experience to work with our CSO to assist in the development of our technology.
Lab Technician Role Summary
- To be responsible for preparing and testing of product samples as a part of a new product development process.
- To ensure that testing is carried out according to the agreed procedures and test equipment is checked, cleaned and maintained to an acceptable level.
- To maintain records of all test results in both computerised and written formats.
- To be responsible for the upkeep and ordering of materials and experimental reagents and consumables when required.
- To contribute to improvement of testing protocols and equipment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum 2:1 BSc in Material Science or other related science based discipline.
- Knowledge of microfluidics and physical properties of various materials including plastics, adhesives and fluids.
- A proven experience of conducting lab experiments and reporting results.
- Good knowledge and practical experience of basic analytical instruments.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, especially advanced functions of Excel is essential. Ideally experience in using data and image analysis software. Experience of AutoCad software would be advantageous.
- A highly self-motivated individual with a hands-on approach, “can-do” attitude and strong drive to achieve tangible results within short time frames.
- Ability to work both as a part of a team and on your own with regular project updates.
- A meticulous approach to work and a high level of organisation.
- Solid communication skills both written and verbally.
This is a full time position for which we offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience plus pension.
This role will be principally based in our new R&D facility in Hillington, Glasgow, with occasional travel to our Head Office in Edinburgh.
With your CV, please include a covering letter sharing what you will bring to the team and email to Pete Higgins at [email protected].