Office Administrator Job Purpose
Ensures proper flow of office procedures, and supports the team by carrying out common office duties. Maintains a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors, and customers, and in person, online, and via telephone.
Office Administrator Role Summary
- Undertake general office administration duties including answering telephone enquiries, responding to emails, ensuring administrative processes are in place and are followed by all staff, handling paperwork, filing and scanning documents when required.
- Manage all company documents, both in hard copy and electronic format and ensure sensitive information is stored and/or disposed of in line with legislative guidelines.
- Schedule appointments, look after visitors and arrange catering requirements.
- Attend meetings when required, creating meeting agendas, take minutes.
- Administer petty cash, business expenses and file accounts documentation.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with the implementing CRM system including adding contact details and ensuring system remains up to date.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with event organisation, coordinate travel, currency and hotel requirements, liaise with exhibition organisers and organise marketing materials.
- Assist Marketing Manager with maintenance of website, social media profiles and reporting.
- Manage HR duties as required such as staff holiday requests and sickness absence.
- Assist and attend workshops and conferences when requested and any other ad hoc duties as may be assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Prior Office Administrator experience preferred
- Technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- A highly self-motivated individual with a hands-on approach, “can-do” attitude and strong drive to achieve tangible results within short time frames
- Ability to work both as a part of a small team and without supervision
- Solid communication skills both written and verbally
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong record keeping skills
- Ability to multitask
This is a very flexible role where you can propose the number hours and the days in the week you can work. We will discuss your proposal at interview. As a guide, we have suggested between 12 and 18 hours per week.
As is inevitable with SMEs, your role will need to be flexible including office administration, marketing and HR functions, and potentially getting involved in a whole range of projects, meetings and conferences.
Competitive annual salary range from £18,000 to £22,000 (pro rata) commensurate with experience plus company pension.
With your CV, please include a covering letter sharing what you will bring to the team and email to Anna Cuthbert at [email protected]