In Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul there is never any room for doubt. The imperative to avoid risk means that more than 30% of consumables are wasted. This is because they have either reached the end of their shelf life or because the time from opening or mixing has not been recorded effectively.
Hand-written labels can be hard to read or batch numbers can be partially obscured by spilt product. Valuable time is wasted trying to find paperwork or batch numbers to establish when it was mixed or opened and if it is still good to use.
The consequences of using expired products can be non-compliance, aircraft on the ground and ultimately, passenger safety. But the premature replacement of products increases man-hours, reworking and costs.
Luckily there is a solution.
The UWI Solution
The UWI Label allows you to determine at a glance the pot life of a consumable; whether it is still good to use or needs to be replaced.
Ideal for products such as:
- potting materials
- engine wash compounds
- corrosion inhibitors
- Clearest display– understood at a glance and from a few meters distance, the UWI label has one of the clearest displays of any time indicator label. Universal colour code – green is good, red is bad.
- Tailor made – various elements are customized to suit: artwork, label size, timeframe, etc. As a small company, our advantage stems from our flexibility, speed and tight control over the entire process from design to manufacture.
- Unique technology– many years of rigorous scientific and technical development have refined our unique microfluidic technology. So when the UWI Label is green, you can be really confident a product is safe to use.
- Removes human error – automatically activated when the product seal is broken, no need to remember to activate the label.
- Reduces risk – of using out of date, sub-standard, ineffective or even harmful products; the label shows an actual rather than theoretical ‘use within’ date for products, which only degrade on opening.
- Reduces waste – works with your stock control and part-used consumables management systems to ensure products are used at their best quality and will significantly reduce the number of consumables thrown away.
- Reduces costs– no more costly reworking, saves staff time trying to look for and decipher hand written or obscured labels, reduced waste is reduced cost.