Whatever the nature of the work carried out in your laboratory or research facility, the period of time that product should be used within once opened or ‘made up’ can impact on the integrity of results, stock control, and budgets.
But it can be difficult to monitor (and therefore act on) the sheer volume of ‘use within’ times for every product, simply and effectively. Dates are likely to be recorded on a hand written label. These can get torn, ink can smudge, and handwriting can sometimes be illegible.
The consequences could be having to re-run a full trial because of out of date reagents.
The UWI Solution
The UWI Label can help you to mitigate the risks associated with expiry dates and time sensitivity in the laboratory therefore improving quality, safety and efficiency.
Ideal for products such as:
- Assays, reagents and other chemicals
- Cultures and culture mediums
- Antibiotics and live vaccines
- Biological specimens and samples
- Blood and tissue products for transfusion or transplant
- Ongoing testing: marking time periods between phases
- Products purchased in bulk and decanted into smaller containers
- Clearest display– understood at a glance and from a few meters distance, the UWI label has one of the clearest displays of any time indicator label. Universal colour code – green is good, red is bad
- Tailor made – various elements are customized to suit: artwork, label size, timeframe, etc. As a small company, our advantage stems from our flexibility, speed and tight control over the entire process from design to manufacture.
- Unique technology– many years of rigorous scientific and technical development have refined our unique microfluidic technology. So when the UWI Label is green, you can be really confident a product is safe to use.
- Removes human error – automatically activated when the label is attached, no need to remember to activate the label, no problems with reading the date label, you can spot a date expiry at a glance
- Reduces risk – ensure integrity of test results, by enhancing the current processes, not replacing them. A date label is used in tandem with the UWI Label to reduce risk.
- Reduces waste – as you do not discard good and effective products. It improves stock management, and ensures products are used at their best quality.
- Reduces costs– less waste, reduces need to re-run a trial due to out of date reagents.
- Improves customer satisfaction- aids interpretation of time sensitive results at every stage of testing, reading, analysis and recording. This in turn improves test results and therefore customer satisfaction.