Company Name and Background
- UWI stands for ‘Use WIthin’ and is pronounced yoo-wee.
- The ‘use within’ date is the expiry date of a product once opened. This is different from the expiry date of the unopened product.
- This is also referred to as the ‘open life’ of a product or the ‘secondary shelf life’.
- The UWI Timer displays how much time has elapsed since first opening i.e. it displays the remaining use within period.
- UWI Technology Limited was established in 2009 by Pete Higgins, Chief Executive and inventor of the UWI Timer.
- UWI has headquarters in Edinburgh, a manufacturing base in Glasgow and a contract manufacturer in the USA.
- UWI Technology was the first Scottish company to receive funding from a US based angel syndicate. The syndicate was specifically established to invest in the UWI Timer.
- To date, UWI Technology has raised more than $3million of investment.