- UWI stands for ‘Use WIthin’ and is pronounced yoo-wee.
- The UWI label displays how much is left of the ‘use within’ period (the period after opening).
- UWI Technology Limited was established in 2009 by Pete Higgins, Chief Executive and inventor of the UWI Label.
- Years of development has gone into creating this unique, patented label, using microfluidic technology.
- The UWI Label has one of the clearest displays of any elapsed time indicator label on the market; it can be viewed from a distance and understood in an instant.
- It is activated automatically when the container is opened; unlike others, there is no need to remember to activate the label.
- As a small company, our advantage stems from our flexibility, speed and tight control over the entire process from design to manufacture.
- UWI Technology Limited is headquartered in Edinburgh, UK with manufacturing in the USA.
- To date, UWI Technology has raised more than $3million of investment.
- UWI Technology was the first Scottish company to receive funding from a wholly US based angel syndicate. The syndicate was established solely to invest in the UWI Label.
The UWI Label has a great story and is relevant to many products and sectors. Please do get in touch if you are interested in talking to one of the team and finding out more.
The Global Aerospace Industry has been subject of slow but steady growth over the past decade, with figures…
In a safety critical industry such as Life Sciences, ensuring the integrity and quality of the materials used…
“Approximately 50% of all food may be lost between the field and our forks” (Lundqvist et al,…